Lawyer's ADDA Law-Firm provides a wide range of regulatory assistance services including filing and procuring
regulatory approvals, compliance, advice on various regulatory matters, establishment of new market
Our lawyers have extensive experience in dealing with a broad spectrum of regulators and a variety of
regulatory issues and have a consistent track record of procuring regulatory approvals of varying degrees of
complexity, for both domestic and foreign clients.
The regulators we work with include and are not restricted to: The Foreign Investment Promotion Board,
Competition Commission of India, Reserve Bank of India and Securities and Exchange Board of India, Bombay
Stock Exchange, National Stock Exchange and Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority.
We don’t just keep a track of developments in policy for clients but are also closely involved in engaging
with regulators to change policy (by commenting on and recommending changes to some key draft regulations
which are issued by the regulators to obtain public views).
Lawyer's ADDA Law-Firm has been particularly instrumental in making submissions before the IRDA for a client
on an innovative transaction involving the merger of two general insurers. Our interactions with the insurance
regulator led to framing of guidelines for such mergers.
Advice is provided, amongst others, in the following areas:
- Foreign direct investment in the construction and development sector
- Structuring of investments and investment documentation
- Options for real estate development
- Due diligence on property
- Drafting and negotiating conveyance deeds and other documentation
- Structuring, drafting and negotiating lease deeds and other tenancy arrangements
- Registration of documents
- Central and local laws, including applicable stamp laws
- Construction and engineering contracts and associated guarantees
- Financing real estate projects, creation of security and drafting and negotiation of associated documentation
- Compliances, registration and advise under RERA for developers and agents
- Dispute Resolution