With growth of opportunities and investments in the real estate sector in India, the Firm's lawyers have, over
the years, advised on increasingly diverse and complex matters in the real estate sector. In the process, the
Firm's lawyers have acquired a thorough understanding of various aspects of the legal and commercial practices
pertaining to the real estate sector.
The Firm's lawyers have the experience of advising various participants in the real estate sector, including
real estate developers, financial institution, fund, lessors, lessees and buyers.
One of the Firm's partners has assisted the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs in drafting the Real Estate
(Regulation and Development) Bill and has also been nominated as a member of core committee setup by the
Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs for preparation of subordinate legislation under the Real Estate
(Regulation & Development) Act, 2016 (RERA).
Advice is provided, amongst others, in the following areas:
- Foreign direct investment in the construction and development sector
- Structuring of investments and investment documentation
- Options for real estate development
- Due diligence on property
- Drafting and negotiating conveyance deeds and other documentation
- Structuring, drafting and negotiating lease deeds and other tenancy arrangements
- Registration of documents
- Central and local laws, including applicable stamp laws
- Construction and engineering contracts and associated guarantees
- Financing real estate projects, creation of security and drafting and negotiation of associated
- Compliances, registration and advise under RERA for developers and agents
- Dispute resolution